Can someone else complain on a consumer’s behalf?

Anyone can complain on a consumer’s behalf - for example, a member of the family, a friend or a person from a Community Law Centre. FDRS requires written authority from the consumer before discussing any personal details with a representative, or requesting any information that may be needed from the financial service provider.