Can a complaint be made about a refusal to provide a loan?

Generally no. FDRS rules do not apply to a scheme member’s judgement in relation to lending or security, unless it deems them unreasonable or irresponsible. FDRS cannot make a scheme member provide services or advice. However, if you think you have been given the wrong advice about a financial product or service, FDRS may be able to help you.