Does joining FDRS automatically register me with the Companies Office?


There are two separate processes to register as a financial service provider (FSP).

  1. Become a member of a dispute resolution scheme (eg FDRS). There is an annual membership fee, invoiced six monthly, payable to the Ministry of Economic Development.
  2. Register at the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR). Follow the online process and when you are asked which dispute resolution scheme you belong to, choose Financial Dispute Resolution Service (FDRS). You pay a separate fee to Companies Office - a one-off joining fee and then a lesser annual fee.